Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
时间:2023-11-29 13:30:22 出处:직업阅读（143）
The World Health City Forum, set to take place in Incheon's Songdo Convensia from Monday, is poised to illuminate the intricate challenges posed by globalized risks in an era shaped by the intricate interplay of pandemics, climate change and economic downturns.
Under the theme "Globalization of risks, how to make the world safer?" the three-day gathering will bring together some 150 distinguished thought leaders, including scholars, government officials and business experts across relevant fields, to deliberate on solutions for what is termed today as "compound globalized risks." The term encapsulates the multifaceted crisis, and underscores urgency of collaborative action from diverse fields.
Jointly hosted by the Health Ministry, Incheon Metropolitan City, Seoul National University, Yonsei University and Ewha Womans University, the forum also aims to come up with a future smart health city model.
Director-General of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, former Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, and experts from various domains will speak at the forum.
Keynote speeches by Ji Young-mi, head of the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, and Jeremy Rifkin, head of the nonprofit organization The Foundation on Economic Trends, will address strategies for addressing future pandemics and climate crises.
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- Women’s stories continue to resonate with Korean viewers
- Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- 러 매체 “北 위성에 러시아 도움, 근거 없다…포탄 지원설도 마찬가지”
- Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- Gangnam teen investigated for assaulting deliveryman with golf club