Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
时间:2023-11-29 13:33:03 出处:직업阅读（143）
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- 6·25 따발총, 구식 불새
- Oman celebrates 53rd National Day, calls Korea reliable ally
- TBS appeals to Seoul to hold off on slashing support
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- NIS seeking to form Asian cooperative body to counter drug crimes
- BTS’ V, actor Yoo Seung
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents